Saturday, July 27, 2013

So I guess I should share....

Gah, this is so difficult to spill the beans on my blog. I have not been a very energetic and giggly Mixie lately, the cleaning is behind and man, forget cooking. Yes, I am pregnant. Ha, so hands down I have sympathy for my husband as he is really picking up the slack with my tired self and near daily headaches.

Does it change our dynamics? Yes. I have to put myself in a positive mindset and it takes more effort to be motivated. Plus, I am not feeling normal sexy right now. *Something about passing out at 10 pm and all the body changes does that.*

However, this pregnancy seems much more romantic and at ease. Less of a need to spend a huge amount of time preparing, and more go with the flow.

I'm in the early part of my second trimester. I have to say, my heart goes out to everyone I know who have fertility and pregnancy obstacles. Seriously. My one friend is trying to finalize an adoption from Russia, which should have been finished right before all the chaos went down on banning adoptions. They just want their baby.

So this post is dedicated to anyone who has faced obstacles in pregnancy, fertility, and the like. My hats off to you and I give you hugs and love. *HUGGGGG right here* *Extra squeeze*

I have to credit the work we have done in the last several months on our marriage that allowed another pregnancy to happen. We really needed to get on the same page and have a mutual vision. There is a higher amount of respect and devotion we have to each other, it's more intentional and focused.

Of course, I would not describe myself as focused right at the moment!:) Time to finish that pile of laundry and vacuum the floor. May I need to make myself a chore list ....

6 comments:

  1. Mixie, first, congratulations! I am so very happy for both of you. I am sure you know how being pregnant causes as many emotional changes as physical.

    We have two girls and when Nina was pregnant it was an interesting time around the house to say the least! (and with two daughters and one wife, life has never stopped being an adventure!)

    Don't worry about the chores, they are secondary. Just take good care of yourself and your baby.

    Congrats again,

    Hugs,
    George

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, George! We are excited and my husband has been so helpful it's amazing.:)

      Congratulations of having the new little Prince named after you!

      Delete
  2. Congrats Mixie on your little Dd bundle of joy coming your way!

    It does seem to become a little more difficult to get up the energy after the first pregnancy....that is my story and I'm sticking to it. Hey, you are entering the 'energy' trimester, so who knows, maybe your lazy bum will get shaking! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congatulations, praying for a safe journey for the little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First, congrats!!!!!!! Second, I hope you feel better soon, and third, I have faced infertility and baby loss and it's the roughest road there is, so thank you for your compassion. But mostly, SQUEEEEEEEE!!! a new baby is sooooo exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. mixie, congrats! have you had that baby yet!? :)

    ReplyDelete